Safety Tips for Kids and Motorist
* Aoid masks, which can obstruct vision.
* If children are allowed out after dark, fasten reflective tape to their costumes and bags, or give them glow sticks or flash lights to carry.
* A responsible adult should accompany young children when they are going out.
* Teach your children never to enter a stranger's home or car.
* Instruct children to travel only in familiar, well-lit areas and stick with their friends if they are older and going out alone.
* Tell your children not to eat any treats until they return home and all candy is inspected.
* Watch for children walking on roadways, medians and curbs.
* Enter and exit driveways and alleys carefully.
* At twilight and later in the evening, watch for children in dark clothing.
* Drive at least 5 to 10 miles below the posted speed limit in neighborhoods or on roads where you notice kids out going door to door.
* Make sure you crack your window so you can hear yelling and screaming.