ARE YOU OK?
Telephone Reassurance program "community service for seniors"
MESSAGE FROM SHERIFF CUNNINGHAM
As Sheriff, I have witnessed several situations involving our senior citizens. Recognizing that they taught us what we know today, we should be there to protect them during their golden years. On several occasions, we have witnessed high temperatures in the summer which has placed several of our seniors at risk due to the massive heat, as well as the bitter cold days in the winter. To help reassure everyone concerned that our seniors are okay, the Sheriff's Office has launched this program to take away some of those worries.
Thank you for using… "Are You OK?®"!!
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
This free service is available to any resident of Montgomery County over the age of 55 and residents who are homebound or medically disabled—either on a permanent or long term basis regardless of age. The
"Are You OK?®" Program can be used with other programs as well.
Please check our website where you can download an application or contact the Sheriff's Office to learn more about other programs that we offer to the seniors in our community.
The Are You OK?® Program is often used as a wake up call for seniors.
The automated message is a recorded message and can't respond to any verbal commands.
The Are You OK?® Program is not an emergency service.
Program is free.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Did you know there are other phases to the program?
How does the system work?
- You can request an automated reminder to take your medicine or to remember a doctor's appointment. We can personally program your message for you with a day's notice.
What if I don't answer?
- You designate the day(s) and time you would like the service to contact you. Once you answer the phone, an automated message is played upon voice recognition.
What if I'm not at home?
- The automated system will call up to 2 more times. After 3 attempts, we will contact your emergency contact or dispatch a deputy to check on you.
What if I have an answering machine?
- Call Dispatch (334) 832-1328 prior to leaving and we will temporarily cancel the service.
Does it matter what time you call?
- Answering machines need to be turned off prior to the automated call. Keep in mind the automated call is initiated when a voice is heard.
What if I have a gate code?
- No, any time is appropriate.
- The gate code will be notated on your information sheet. Make sure your emergency contact knows this information as well.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS