Montgomery County Sheriff's Office
* Help us keep Montogmery County Safe.
* Learn the tools you need to report crimes and to recognize bad situations before they happen!
* Learn how you can help the Montgomery County Sheriff's Office ensure that our communities are safe and well protected.
* With every citizen in the county watching out for criminals, we are making Montgomery County the safest county in the state.
* Patrol -- Functions and responsibilities of the deputies
* K-9 - See how we train and learn what we look for with the use of our canine partners
* Sex Offenders - See who, why, and where Sex Offenders live and their requirements
*Legal Division - How to obtain pistol permits, how legal papers are processed
* Civil Process - Serving papers from the court and the eviction process
* Warrants/Fugitives - Learn the warrant process and how fugitives are brought to justice and held accountable for their actions
* Detention Facility - The "Jail" - take a closer look at how the jail operates and the arrest procedure. You don't want to miss this night!
* Investigations - Take an inside look from arrival, to processing the crime scene, to making the arrest. This will be a night you will never forget!
* Class Demonstration Day - Firing some of the weapons and experience the Firearms Training Simulator.
We would like to thank you in advance for inquiring about our Citizens Academy. It is our belief that the citizens are the most valuable assets in our community. Without your assistance, our tasks would be more difficult to complete. The Citizens Academy includes members from all communities of Montgomery County. The academy meets for six (6) consecutive weeks, but only one (1) night per week for one (1) hour. The participants of the Citizens Academy are guaranteed to have fun while learning about the duties and obligations of the Sheriff's Office. The six week program will probably be one of the most enjoyable times of your life. While our ultimate goal is to make you aware of what is going on in your community, how to report suspicious activites/crimes as well as how things are handled from a law enforcement perspective, I can assure you fun will be had by all who are in attendance. I look forward to meeting each and every one of you.
We welcome any questions or comments and look forward to seeing and hearing from you......the citizens of Montgomery County! Thank you again for inquiring about the Citizens Academy!
THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONTINUED SUPPORT
Sheriff Derrick Cunningham
Chief Deputy Kevin J. Murphy
* Visit our Website - www.MontgomerySheriff.com
* Request via Email - CitizensAcademy@mc-ala.org
*Request via FAX - 334-832-7113
*Request via Phone - 334-832-1339
*Pick Up an Application @ 100 S. Lawrence Street, Montgomery, AL 36104