EXPLORER POST 2590
Explorer Post 2590 is a Law Enforcement Exploring Post sponsored by the Montgomery County Sheriff's Office. Our objective is to provide a firsthand experience in the field of law enforcement for students who are at least 14 years of age. Members of Explorer Post 2590 is a year-round post where we engage our Explorers into our events that take place at the Sheriff's Office. Explorer Post 2590 will learn the importance of organized procedures, professionalism, community involvement, leadership and discipline. Our Explorer Post is a mentee/mentor type Post where they will work one-on-one with our Staff to achieve the task or to accomplish the task which will lead our youth into the future. These Explorers will be groomed for Sheriff's Office Cadet positions which will lead them to a career path in law enforcement.
- To provide fun "hands-on" experience in the fields of law enforcement and corrections.
- To promote volunteering and community service for the good of our community and its members.
- To encourage positive social interactions and team building through group activities.
- To instill discipline and leadership among our members.
Student can leave the explorer post once they reach the age of 19 and be hired with this agency as a corrections officer.
- Must be at least 14 years of age
- Must be able to attend monthly meeting
- Must maintain a 2.0 GPA
- Must be in good standing in school
Our Explorers are DEDICATED and HARD WORKING
Explorer's meet monthly on the 1st Tuesday of the Month from 6pm to 7pm (With exception of the competition team)
Free uniforms provided
Duty gear is provided (plastic training gun, plastic training Taser, handcuffs and radio)
Out of town training opportunities
FUN, FUN and MORE FUN!
For additional information,
Sergeant J. Oliver
334.832.1369 - Office